Photography Competition 2022
This exciting competition invites established, emerging and brand new photographers to submit your photographs digitally. The theme is Set in Stone. With so much on offer locally (history, hospitality, sport, recreation, commerce and much more), the subjects should be centred on Stone and the immediate surrounds.
There will be 3 categories
- Children: 5 - 11 years
- Young people: 12 - 18 years
- Adults 19+
There will be a small prize for the best entry in each category.
Terms and Conditions for Submissions for The Stone Art Competition
- Entry Fee - FREE TO ALL but any donations to the Festival, via our Just Giving page, will be very welcome.
- The photographer must live, or belong to an organisation based, no more than 4 miles (6.4 km) from Stone Library - that would include Barlaston (including the Wedgwood estate), Oulton, Moddershall, Hilderstone, Sandon, Yarlet, Whitgreave, Norton Bridge, Yarnfield, Swynnerton and Tittensor.
- A maximum of two photographs can be submitted.
- Photographs will be displayed on the Stone Festival website.
- Photographs may be used by the Stone Festival committee for publicity and promotional purpose for this and future festivals.
- The winners agree to the publication of their name on the website.
- The prizes are non-transferable and there is no alternative to the prize offered.
- All artwork to be submitted digitally must be arrive by 22 May 2022, artwork will not be accepted after this date.
Email your photos to: email@example.com
Please remember to add your name, an appropriate post code and the category you are entering (children: 5 - 11 years, young people: 12 - 18 years or adults 19+)
This consists of 3 judges:
- Martin Robinson (https://martinrobinson.shutterchance.com/)
A Photographer based in Stone, Staffordshire, specialising in community events, local history and natural history. These include Stone Food and Drink Festival , Stone Festival and Carnival as well as a regular contributor to The Stone and Eccleshall Gazette the bi-Monthly local residents magazine. Also associated with the massive lottery funded scheme Transforming the Trent Valley scheme as a volunteer record photographer https://www.thetrentvalley.org.uk . Martin also works with many other local organisations from time to time.
- Andrew Brooks (https://www.andrewbrooksphotography.com/)
Andrew Brooks is a Manchester based photographer who has worked with many clients over the past fifteen years in the UK and beyond. He has wide experience across many types of photography with a focus on landscapes, interiors, people photography and creative retouching.He has worked with clients including the British Council, the BBC Philharmonic, RAK Recording Studios London, Museum Het Domein in the Netherlands, the University of Manchester and Emirates Old Trafford Cricket Club.
- Mark J Draper (https://reviewify.co.uk/)
YouTuber and blogger with a heavy interest in technology. Over 17 years experience in the telecommunications and utility industry, helping to create the UKs leading business supply company. He uses his range of knowledge and skills to assist the launch of YouTube channels and help small businesses find their feet in a digital world. He is currently producing technology review videos for YouTube and his own well respected review site.